The National Council of State Housing Agencies website has mutiple resources for housing authorities.
NCSHA provided a Housing Credit FAQ sheet (last updated January 2018) that provides a LIHTC program summary. This may be useful to provide as a resource to board members, new staff members and/or legislative representatives.
The FAQ sheet covers the following:
- Introduction to the housing credit and whom it serves
- Why the housing credit is necessary and the resulting number of affordable apartments
- Costs associated with the housing credit and program administration/oversight
- The economic impact, funding leveraged and other program benefits
- Private sector investment incentivized by the housing credit
- Performance of housing credit financed properties
- Tax reform impact on the housing credit