Community Development Strategies (CDS) is a small, woman-owned business that provides affordable housing development consulting services. CDS is headquartered in downtown Chicago.
2020 Community Development Strategies Accomplishments
- Led RAD/LIHTC closings including 974 public housing units (including PBV and PBRA).
- Wrote successful Choice Neighborhoods Planning Grant.
- Worked with a team on the first PHA RAD/Public housing close out.
CDS provides senior-level expertise based on decades of experience working with HUD and housing agencies across the country in converting to RAD, structuring, leveraging and implementing affordable, sustainable, mixed-income and mixed-use redevelopment projects with multiple-financing layers. Learn More →
CDS specializes in the project management and implementation of HUD’s programs including: Rental Housing Demonstration/ Section 18/project-based voucher conversions, mixed-finance/mixed-income development. CDS works to maximize revenue to invest and preserve affordable housing assets. View our services →
RAD Development Consulting + Project Management
- Planning/Predevelopment/Due diligence
- Funding applications (LIHTC/HUD approvals)
- Procuring/Selecting contractors
- Transaction document review/Closing process
- Budget and schedule oversight during construction
- Draw preparation/Review and processing
- Lease-up oversight
- Reporting/Equity and lender milestone requirements
Asset Repositioning + Strategic Implementation
Portfolio and Site Level Analysis
- Asset repositioning alternatives
- Strategic implementation strategies
- PHA Annual/Capital Fund Planning
- Tracking timelines/Budgets/Action items
Technical Assistance + Training
Best Practices and Internal Agency Experience
- RAD and development processes
- HUD public housing/Procurement compliance
- Project draw/construction pay app processing
- Section 3/MBE/WBE certified payrolls compliance