HUD issued its Choice Neighborhoods Implementation Grant Program 2018 NOFA.
- Applications are due on Monday, September 17, 2018.
- HUD is making $145M available, expecting to award 5 grants.
- The lead applicant must be a public housing agency or a local government. If there is also a co-applicant, it must be a PHA, a local government or the owner of the target HUD-assisted housing.
- HUD awards CNI grants to communities that have undergone a comprehensive local planning process and are ready to implement a plan to redevelop the neighborhood and distressed housing site into a viable mixed-income community.
- Potential applicants are able to confirm the eligibility of the proposed target neighborhood using HUD’s mapping tool.
- The CNI application package, including required forms, are available on grants.gov. The Funding Opportunity Number is FR-6200-N-34. The CFDA number is 14.889.