HUD recently issued a NOFA for the Section 811 mainstream voucher program to serve non-elderly people with disabilities.
- $100M is available; applications are due Monday, June 18, 2018.
- HUD’s Section 811 program is designed to assist people with disabilities who are transitioning out of institutional settings, at risk of institutionalization or homelessness, or currently homeless.
- Competitive PHAs must show evidence of housing and services agency partnerships.
- HUD provides NOFA key point slides and FAQs (HUD will update/re-post information on the HCV homepage).
- The Technical Assistance Collaborative (TAC) and NAHRO are hosting a free webinar on Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 1 pm EDT to provide PHAs with strategies to identify and establish partnerships for these target populations.